Welcome to United Steel
Industry Expertise, Stock Holding & Quality.
This is what we stand for at United Steel. We supply a complete range of steel products, services, and solutions for all types of projects across a diverse range of industries.
United Steel is a leading, independent steel distribution business. With a national footprint, we are a customer-focused, steel supply partner that stocks and delivers a comprehensive range of products to our customers, on time.
We continually invest in stockholdings and processing capability to give our customers even more options to order the steel they need to complete their projects. Material quality, traceability, and certification are all just part of how we do business. We understand empowering our experienced teams to think creatively and remain agile delivers excellence in steel supply for our customers. This is what set’s us apart.
Our United Steel team works closely with our customers to supply a complete range of steel products, valued added services, and supply chain options to meet the diverse needs of steel projects across Australia.
We service a wide range of industries, such as manufacturing, building, transport, engineering, construction, and infrastructure. Providing personalised service, our team has the depth of experience matched with the range of steel products through our strong supplier network, to deliver on our customers’ project requirements.
United Steel has an extensive footprint, with sites in Adelaide, Perth, Sydney, Kalgoorlie, Somerset in Tasmania, and Melbourne (GAM Steel), making it easy for customers to source their steel Australia-wide.
To be Australia’s most customer-focused steel distribution business, so that we delight our customers.
We create agile steel supply partnerships with our customers, that enable them to be more efficient, responsive, and competitive when delivering on steel projects Australia-wide.
United Steel Group
Part of the United Steel Group, we work closely with the group’s other businesses including:
We have distributor agreements with Australian mills, including BlueScope Steel, Liberty, InfraBuild, Bisalloy Steels, Orrcon Steel, and AusTube Mills – complemented by excellent international supply.
Services and solutions
to support your business
At United Steel, we pride ourselves on professional service and on proactive communication that puts your business first every time. Whether it’s sourcing technical advice, specifying one-off delivery instructions, or negotiating payment terms that work for you, with United Steel you are in safe hands.
Our customers undertake projects across many industries. Ranging from residential applications through to major Government infrastructure builds, manufacturing, and engineering.
While there are many differences in what each project and customer needs, one common requirement is the ability to source steel products from a supply partner who offers certainty in material traceability and compliance.
We understand having the stock customers need when they need it is vital for meeting project schedules on time. This ensures efficiency, limits downtime, maximises labour, and reduces waste, all saving our customers on their bottom line and importantly, meeting their customers’ needs.
Our customers can source their steel products with confidence that we will provide the support they need when
it comes to traceability, certification, and compliance of materials to Australian standards, which increasingly is important for supplying some of Australia’s largest projects.
It’s all about making it easy and delivering more value to our customers.
Our teams have supplied some of Australia’s largest projects and are some of the most experienced when it comes to managing steel supply. Drawing on that experience enables us to provide customers with complete steel supply chain solutions to meet each project’s unique needs.
We understand taking the time to thoroughly understand our customers’ needs means we are well-placed to offer the best solutions that deliver the right outcomes. Collaborating with our customers uncovers opportunities for us to continue to improve our services and provide our customers with a steel supply partner who focuses on what matters most to them.
Processing & Value-Added Services
Our Processing and Value-Added Services comprise:
- Oxy and Plasma Profile Cutters
- Beamlines with High-Speed
- Drilling & Saw Capacity
- Coping Robots with Oxy and Plasma Notching & Slotting Capabilities
- Cambering Machine
- Sheet & Coil Processing
- ES Cut Grooving
- Just-In-Time Delivery & Consignment Stock Services
- Project Management & Forecasting
- Supply Chain & Stock Profiles
- Quality Assurance, Traceability &
- Technical Assistance
Safety at United Steel is the primary priority of all management and staff. We maintain a strong safety culture to ensure our people, customers, and key stakeholders are safe every day.
We stand behind our values:
- Responsiveness – We understand what matters to our customers, and we act on it because delivering on our commitments is fundamental to who we are as a leading independent steel distributor.
- Dedication – We are dedicated to our industry, and we demonstrate it by continuing to invest in our network, our capability, our industry bodies, and our people to better serve our customers.
- Empowerment – Our people are empowered to make decisions, which in turn provides our customers with agility, certainty, and excellence in customer service. We are accessible to our customers, always.
- Integrity – With all our decisions and actions our team upholds the highest standards of integrity. We are accountable for delivering on our customer commitments.
- Growth – We value our people, encourage their personal development, and support their growth. Creating a supportive and open environment, filling it with talented people, and then empowering them to do what they do best.